Tiger Woods & Elin WoodsGolf star Tiger Woods has apologised to his family, amid continuing speculation about his private life following a car crash last week. Woods, engulfed in media speculation over his private life after a car accident in the middle of the night, apologized on Wednesday for "transgressions" while stating that he had "not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves".

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," he said in a statement, without elaborating further.

"I have not been true to my values and the behaviour my family deserves."

Woods was found bleeding and semi-conscious after his car hit a tree and fire hydrant outside his Florida home.

He was found guilty of careless driving and fined $164 (£98).

The golfer denied rumours that physical violence played any role in the incident, saying they were "utterly false and malicious".

The time of the accident and Woods' refusal to meet with police to answer questions about it triggered a storm of media speculation, during which some outlets reported that he had extra-marital relationships with at least two women.

One of the world's most recognizable figures, Woods has lucrative endorsement deals with companies such as Nike and AT&T.

"I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone," Woods said in his statement.

0 comments: